Thursday, April 08, 2010

Countdown - 9 days!

Yesterday was H-O-T (92 degrees) and I didn't work Sealy.  Hell, I could barely work me!   I did, however, realize that the progress Sealy made on the finish the other day wasn't as good as I'd initially thought.  Handler error strikes again - yeah, sure, I faded out my feet, but I was still giving a command and a signal, and I can only use one or the other.  Arrg!  


Early this morning we did some quick sit games on the way to a grassy area near the Hudson River not too far from the apartment.   Her sits were quick and straight (it helped a lot that my left shoulder wasn't all twisted back).    Now to get that into healing patterns as the automatic sit!   You can see from today's photo even after a short walk (before 7am) she was panting a bit.  And today was a lot cooler than yesterday! 


I also realized that I need to work on my footwork more - at the school where I'm working now the instructor encourages the slow-slow-sit approach for automatic sits, and I haven't been consistent in remembering to start this on my left foot.   I've also been sloppy about my left and right turns.  When I do these correctly - surprise, surprise - Sealy does much better.  


For a break I watched some of the Crufts competition videos on YouTube!



No comments: